21 Nov Pumpkin Shaped Cheese Ball
Can’t believe it is already time for Thanksgiving! So much to be thankful! This simple recipe below is a Pumpkin-Shaped Cheese Ball that is perfect to make ahead of Thanksgiving. A great head start in preparation for the Turkey Day. Hope you all have a wonderful, safe and healthy Thanksgiving!
Pumpkin-Shaped Cheese Ball
This cheese ball is formed in the shape of a pumpkin and makes it festive and fun for Thanksgiving!
I looked around for a cheese ball recipe that I thought would be great, but ended up coming up with a combination of spices for my own. It tastes so good!
Steps are below for this fun pumpkin-shaped cheese ball along with the recipe!
Cheese Ball Recipe
This recipe can be adjusted as you like. I added chopped pecans for this recipe, but the pecans can be omitted.
- 2 – 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 – 4 oz package of herbed goat cheese (basil, thyme, oregano, etc), softened
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese, divided only if you want to cover the cheese ball with cheddar for color
- 1/2 – 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (or less if desired)
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Combine the cream cheese, herbed goat cheese, shredded cheddar cheese (all of it unless you want to keep some to cover the outside of the ball for color), paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well with a spatula or spoon.
- You can add chopped pecans and mix into the cheese ball mixture. Or you can use the chopped pecans to stick on the outside of the cheese ball. Or omit the pecans. The cheeseball can also be covered with other ingredients: Everything But the Bagel Seasoning, chopped dried cranberries, herbs or any other idea!
- Have plastic wrap on the counter and roll the cream cheese onto the wrap. Fold the plastic wrap over the cream cheese mixture and secure. Begin to knead or pound the cream cheese into a ball in the plastic wrap. If you want to cover the cheese ball with cheddar cheese, pecans or any other ingredient, once the ball is formed, open the plastic wrap and either have another plastic wrap with cheese or other topping ready to drop the ball and begin to roll it over the topping and then close the plastic wrap over the ball.
- Take 3 thick rubber bands and place them around the cream cheese ball to create indentions in the cream cheese as it sets in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until firm or overnight.
- When ready to serve, take the rubber bands off and carefully unwrap the plastic wrap. Place the Pumpkin Cheese Ball on a platter or cheese board to serve.
- Stick a pretzel, veggie stick, or the stem of a green pepper in the top middle of the ball to make a stem. Serve with veggie straw chips, crackers, pretzels, celery, carrots, other veggies, nuts, berries, etc.
Pumpkin-Shaped Cheese Ball for Thanksgiving