26 Nov Happy Thanksgiving
What a year! But there is still so much to be thankful for even in 2020! I wanted to share some recipes that I made for Thanksgiving and was hoping to share these prior to Thanksgiving day, but life has been a hectic with our Sweet Pea. She is doing well now though! Hope you all have a wonderful, safe and healthy Thanksgiving!
Pumpkin Cheese Ball
So it’s not actually a cheese ball with pumpkin in it, but the cheese ball is formed in the shape a festive pumpkin…makes it fun for Thanksgiving! I looked around for a cheese ball recipe that I thought would be great, but ended up coming up with my own and it tastes so good! The recipe is below and also how to make it in to this fun Pumpkin shape!
Cheese Ball Recipe
This recipe can be made your own and adjusted as you like. Chopped pecans can be added, but we have someone in our family with a nut allergy and am going to omit for the recipe. I also think for Christmas, coating the cheeseball with chopped dried cranberries would add a beautiful, red festive color.
- 2 – 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 – 4 oz package of herbed goat cheese (basil, thyme, oregano, etc), softened
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (or less if desired)
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Combine the cream cheese, herbed goat cheese, 6 ounces of the shredded cheese, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, sat and pepper in a bowl. Mix well with a spatula or spoon.
- Use the remaining 2 ounces of shredded cheese to stick on the outside of the cheese ball or you can omit this and cover with another ingredient…Ideas are: Everything But the Bagel Seasoning, chopped dried cranberries, pecans, herbs or any other idea!
- Have plastic wrap on the counter and roll the cream cheese onto the wrap. Fold the plastic wrap over the cream cheese mixture and secure. Begin to knead or pound the cream cheese into a ball in the plastic wrap.
- Take 3 thick rubber bands and place them around the cream cheese ball to create indentions in the cream cheese as it sets in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until firm or overnight.
- When ready to serve, take the rubber bands off and carefully unwrap the plastic wrap. Place the Pumpkin Cheese Ball on a platter or cheese board to serve.
- Stick a pretzel, veggie stick, or the stem of a green pepper in the top middle of the ball to make a stem. Serve with veggie straw chips, ritz crackers, pretzels or carrots, celery or other veggies.
I wanted to try this around Halloween, but thankfully Thanksgiving still has a Pumpkin theme! I am just getting around to trying this cute Pumpkin cheeseball now!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Grapes
- 3/4 unsalted butter, softened, room temp
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Tbsp confectioners’ sugar (optional)
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
It’s not the normal cranberry jellied rings that are usually on our table for the holidays, but it is fresh and delicious and both tart and sweet!
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 apple, cored, cut into quarters
- 1/2 of an orange including the peel, ends trimmed off and seeds removed
- Pink pineapple chunks…a regular pineapple will work, too! (I used about 4 pineapple chunks, you can adjust more or less)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp of cinnamon powder
- Keep a few cranberries for garnish and zest the other half of the orange for garnish
Grandmother’s Pear Salad Recipe
A Southern Recipe for the Holidays
- 1 can of pear halves
- cheddar cheese, shredded
Drain the can of pears. If you want, rinse the pears for less syrup and pat dry.I used a deviled egg tray to place the pear halves….but traditionally arrange the halved pears on a plate that has lettuce leaves on it.Place about 1 tsp of mayonnaise on the center of the pear half.Then top with cheddar cheese.
Grandmother’s Deviled Eggs
The Egg Timer
Here are few Egg Timers to choose from:
A Quick & Easy Way to Peel Boiled Eggs!
Watch the Video Link Here
More kitchen tools I like to cook eggs with:
I also love to use these glass bowls in my kitchen and come in handy for many uses! Here are a few options for these online: